Summer is fast approaching and winter’s belly fat is still flopping around the mid section in all its miserable glory. Feeling the heavier side of wobble is disheartening, especially when reaching for that swimsuit. Don’t give up, determination, healthy eating and exercise will prevail.
YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG
This is where it gets interesting! Many people have been doing the exercise all wrong. Workouts have either been sporadic or involve tummy crunches and lunges in desperation to squeeze that fat away. The crunches are ideal after the pudge starts to slide off, as it will help tone muscle. However, before concentrating on toning up, there is a crucial kind of exercise to do for at least 30 minutes a day: high impact.
Elevating the heart rate moves oxygen and blood into our muscles, which in turn work more efficiently. Noticing the difference in your mobility and stamina will happen over a couple of weeks. Once muscle productivity and stamina increase due to heart rate elevation, fat will start to burn off.
NEW AND EXCITING WAYS TO GET RID OF BELLY FAT
The tummy stores the fat, but the key to slimming down is working out the entire body not just the middle. There are many fun and thrilling exercises that will assist in improving the heart rate and increase muscle mass, as well as a few that will support the high impact moves like yoga or Pilates. (Any form of high impact exercise will require checking with a physician, before undertaking any of the following suggestions)
- The Tracy Anderson Method. Its difficult to stay motivated with the same old run, swim or cycle ride, so try something new, dynamic and that the Hollywood stars are hooked on. Tracey Anderson, a dancer turned weight loss/fitness trainer, has come up with an exercise routine that will get the heart pumping, whilst concentrating on smaller core muscles to lengthen and give definition. Tracey, TAM, has video streaming classes, which are amazing, motivational, exciting, and well worth the monthly fee.
- Burn60 is a full body high impact workout lasting 60 minutes. Increasing endurance, speed, and strength, they claim that a person will see a difference in two weeks with an average of 500-900 calories burned each class. They are currently only based in California, USA but you can stream their workout videos . Burn60, is fun and will test you to your limit.
- A combination of music and high impact routines produces Pound. A unique way to combine physical and emotional influence to get a person fit. The 45-minute class uses a specially designed lightweight drumstick (called Ripstix) as a prop to combine yoga, Pilates, cardio and muscle conditioning to music. Kirsten Potenza, co-creator of Pound says “its about how your body feels not just about the way it looks”.
TYPES OF EXERCISES THAT GET THE BODY MOVING
This is a fun, highly energetic workout that will get hearts dancing, the wobble melting away and the mind happy.
- Pilates is a great way to strengthen core muscles as well as improving posture, strengthening abs and back muscles. Combining posture and high impact exercise is the perfect combination.
- Trampoline workout. Find that inner child and go jump on a trampoline. This exercise for adults is fun, gets the heart pumping and the muscles jumping into shape. LEKFIT has fabulous online classes, and there is no need to even leave the living room.
Adding an exercise which is different, fun and engaging, will elevate the mood, the body, and how the swimsuit fits, minus the rubber ring, before the pool even opens. To read more on this subject and more, please visit getthrive.com